Top Elixir Developer Certifications and Courses to upskill yourself in 2023
Table of Contents
This course takes you through a comprehensive journey to learn web development using the Elixir programming language. The course consists of several modules, each covering different topics and skills related to Elixir web development.
- Getting Started with Elixir: In this module, you will get familiar with the Elixir programming language and explore its fundamentals. You will learn how to install Elixir and set up the necessary development environment to start coding. This module will give you a solid foundation upon which you can build upon in subsequent modules.
- Working with Data: In this module, you will gain a deep understanding of data structures in Elixir. You will learn how to store and manipulate data efficiently using data structures such as lists, maps, and ETS tables. Furthermore, you will also explore database concepts and learn how to interact with databases using Elixir.
- Building Web Applications: In this module, you will delve into the world of web application development with Elixir. You will build fully functional web applications using the Phoenix framework. You will learn about the Phoenix web stack, routes, templates, and controllers. This module will equip you with the necessary skills to create scalable and robust web applications using Elixir.
- Advanced Topics: This module delves deeper into advanced topics in Elixir web development. You will learn how to test and debug your applications effectively. You will also explore various techniques for deploying and scaling your application in production. This module will solidify your knowledge and skills in Elixir web development and prepare you for real-world development challenges.
This course includes 3.5 hours of on-demand video, and offers a comprehensive learning experience for aspiring web developers interested in the Elixir programming language. The course modules cover a wide range of topics from the basics of Elixir to advanced topics such as testing and deployment. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced developer, this course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to develop powerful web applications with Elixir.
In this comprehensive course, you will gain exposure to all the essential concepts of ELIXIR programming, from installation to working with different data sources to using ELIXIR libraries. By the end of the course, you will be proficient in writing efficient and elegant ELIXIR programs.
- Core ELIXIR Concepts: In this section, you will cover the core concepts of functional programming, including functions, higher-order functions, and closures. You will also discuss various data structures commonly used with ELIXIR, such as lists, maps, and sets.
- Concurrency and parallelism: Concurrency and parallelism are crucial aspects of ELIXIR programming, as they enable a program to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. In this section, we will delve into the concepts and techniques related to concurrency and parallelism in ELIXIR, such as fibers, tasks, and the actor model.
- ELIXIR API: In this section, you will cover working with files, including reading, writing, and manipulating files. You will also explore interacting with databases, using ELIXIR’s powerful database integration capabilities. Lastly, you will delve into working with web APIs, enabling you to consume and interact with external web services in your ELIXIR programs.
- AI and Machine Learning: ELIXIR provides state-of-the-art libraries that enable you to build sophisticated AI models and algorithms. You will cover the basics of AI and Machine Learning with ELIXIR, including topics such as neural networks and natural language processing.
- Graphs: ELIXIR provides powerful graph-based libraries to tackle the challenges associated with graph processing. You will explore working with graphs in ELIXIR, including traversing, analyzing, and manipulating them.
- Distributed computing: ELIXIR provides support for distributed computing, enabling you to build scalable and resilient applications. You will delve into the concepts and architecture of distributed computing with ELIXIR, as well as practical techniques for writing efficient distributed programs in ELIXIR.
This course includes 3 hours of on-demand video. By taking this course, you will gain a deep understanding of ELIXIR programming, enabling you to write efficient and effective programs. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced programmer, this course will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to harness the power of ELIXIR.
This is a comprehensive course that provides a comprehensive introduction to functional programming using the Elixir language. The course is divided into several modules, each covering a specific topic related to functional programming with Elixir. In this document, we will provide an overview of the modules and their content.
- Introduction to Functional Programming: This module provides an introduction to functional programming and its core principles. It covers topics such as functional data structures, pure functions, and the benefits of using functional programming.
- Elixir Basics: This module covers the fundamentals of Elixir, including syntax and semantics. It covers the basics of language constructs, such as variables, functions, and modules.
- Core Elixir Concepts: This module delves deeper into core Elixir concepts, such as functions and closures, lists, maps, and dictionaries. It covers how to work with these data structures, manipulate them, and leverage their power for complex programming tasks. Topics covered in this module include working with functions and closures, lists, maps, and dictionaries, and list comprehensions and recursion.
- Control Flow: This module focuses on control flow in Elixir. It covers conditionals, loops, and error handling, enabling you to build robust and efficient programs.
- Data Structures: This module explores various data structures available in Elixir, including tuples, sets, and ranges. It delves into how these data structures work, their advantages and disadvantages, and their applications in real-world scenarios.
- Domain-Specific Languages: This module introduces the concept of domain-specific languages (DSLs) and discusses how to build them in Elixir. It covers topics such as syntax definition, grammar parsing, and code generation.
By completing this course, you will gain a solid foundation in functional programming concepts and Elixir language fundamentals. You will also have the necessary skills to build robust and efficient programs using functional programming techniques.
The Elixir for Beginners course offered by Udemy is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the Elixir programming language. This course is suitable for individuals who have little or no prior knowledge of Elixir and want to learn the fundamentals of the language.
- Introduction to Elixir: Overview of the Elixir programming language. Installation and setup of the Elixir environment and introduction to the Elixir Interactive Shell (IEx). Basic data types and variables in Elixir. Operators and basic arithmetic operations in Elixir.
- Working with Functions: Defining and calling functions in Elixir. Function arguments and return value, anonymous functions in Elixir, pattern matching in function calls and recursion and tail-call optimization.
- Collections and Data Structures: Lists, tuples, and maps in Elixir. Accessing and manipulating elements in collections, enumerables and common operations on collections. Pattern matching with collections.
- Concurrency and Parallelism: Introduction to concurrency and parallelism in Elixir. Processes and message passing in Elixir, and asynchronous programming with tasks and agents. Error handling in concurrent programs, and introduction to OTP (Open Telecom Platform).
- Elixir Libraries and Ecosystem: Overview of popular Elixir libraries and frameworks. Working with mix, the Elixir build tool. Testing and debugging Elixir applications, and interfacing with databases using Ecto. Building web applications with Phoenix.
- Real-World Applications and Best Practices: Best practices and conventions in Elixir programming. Building a simple web application from scratch. Deploying Elixir applications to production, monitoring and troubleshooting Elixir application, and introduction to Phoenix LiveView.
This course involves 2.5 hours of on-demand video. By the end of this course, students will have a solid understanding of the Elixir programming language and be able to build their own applications using Elixir and its ecosystem. The course includes hands-on exercises, quizzes, and projects to reinforce the concepts covered in each module.
In this comprehensive course, you’ll get a thorough introduction to the exciting and rapidly-growing world of Elixir. Designed for beginners, this course will cover all the essential aspects of Elixir, including installation, working with Elixir basics, understanding control and flow, working with functions, and exploring collections. Along the way, you’ll also delve into working with Elixir IO and the best practices for error handling.
- Elixir Basics: In this module, you’ll get an overview of Elixir basics, including the concepts of functional programming and the unique features of Elixir that make it stand out from the rest. We’ll guide you through the installation of Elixir and set up a development environment so you can start coding right away.
- Working with Elixir: Once you’ve grasped the fundamentals of Elixir, it’s time to dive into working with Elixir. You’ll learn about working with variables and Elixir data types, including strings, integers, floats, and booleans. We’ll cover operators and expressions, and explore how to leverage the power of Elixir’s pattern matching.
- Elixir Control Flow: Control flow plays a vital role in any programming language, and Elixir offers powerful features that allow you to handle complex logic. In this module, you’ll explore if/else statements, loops, and recursion, and understand how to effectively use these constructs in your programs.
- Elixir Functions: Functions are a fundamental building block of Elixir, allowing you to modularize your code and write reusable and maintainable programs. In this module, you’ll learn about defining and calling functions, and explore the various options available to make them more efficient.
- Elixir Collections: Elixir provides a range of collections, including lists, sets, and maps. In this module, you’ll delve into the world of collections and learn how to manipulate them efficiently. From adding and deleting items to performing various operations, you’ll gain a solid understanding of these essential data structures.
- Elixir IO: I/O operations play a vital role in interacting with external systems, such as reading from and writing to files. This module will introduce the concepts behind Elixir IO, including file operations, interacting with the operating system, and networking.
- Elixir Error Handling: Handling errors is an essential aspect of any programming language, and Elixir provides a robust framework for handling errors. In this module, you’ll explore try/rescue/else error handling techniques and learn how to gracefully handle exceptions in your programs.
This course involves 2 hours of on-demand video. By the end of this course, you will have a solid understanding of the Elixir programming language and be able to build own applications using Elixir and its ecosystem.
|Course/ program||Cost||Level||Duration||Study mode|
|Learning Path: Web Development with Elixir by Udemy||$19.99||Beginner||3.5 hours||Online|
|Learn ELIXIR Programming from ZERO to HERO by Udemy||$19.99||Beginner||3 hours||Online|
|Functional Programming using Elixir - The Complete Course by Udemy||$59.99||Intermediate/ Advanced||9 hours||Online|
|Elixir for Beginners||$49.99||Intermediate/ Advanced||2.5 hours||Online|
|Getting Started with Elixir||$19.99||Beginner||2 hours||Online|
As the above table summarizes, the cost, level and duration pertaining to each course is different from one another. Moreover, some of the courses tend to have higher charges to pursue them, whereas some are specifically more appropriate for advanced and intermediate level developers. In your own choice of skills to pursue, goals and budget should be considered.
If you are therefore a developer seeking enhancing your skill set and staying updated on latest best practices and trends, all the courses for Elixir developers discussed here provide valuable opportunities of getting an idea on the work world. Whether you are an intermediate developer or a beginner, investments made in these resources improves your proficiency in development in 2023.
Table of Contents