Top Xamarin Certifications and Courses to Boost Your Coding Skills
Xamarin, the powerhouse framework for crafting cross-platform mobile apps using the versatile C# language has truly taken the software industry by storm. Its reputation as a go-to solution for mobile app development is nothing short of impressive. With Xamarin, the path to creating mobile applications becomes a thrilling adventure.
Table of Contents
In a world where the demand for Xamarin developers is skyrocketing, individuals with a passion for app creation have a golden opportunity. Whether you’re looking to supercharge your Xamarin skills or embark on an exciting career in mobile app development, the journey begins with the tantalizing world of Xamarin certification programs and captivating courses. In this article, we’re about to uncover the most enticing Xamarin certifications and courses available in the vibrant landscape of 2023.
Xamarin: Creative Native Cross-Platform Apps with C# Code is a course offered online by Udemy education platform. This course teaches you how to build native cross-platform Android apps with C# using Xamarin Forms. The course covers topics such as creating a new project in Visual Studio, creating a new page in Xamarin Forms, creating a new layout in Xamarin Forms, creating a new view model in Xamarin Forms, creating a new service in Xamarin Forms, creating a new repository in Xamarin Forms, creating a new database in Xamarin Forms, and more. The course was created by Mosh Hamedani and has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 from 2,000+ ratings. The course is 7 hours and 30 minutes and is divided into 6 sections, 60 lectures, and 6 quizzes. The course is priced at $13.99.
Course modules in this include;
- Introduction: This section introduces Xamarin and the features of Native Application.
- Installation: In this section, you will learn about installing Xamarin in Visual Studio and will gain access to resource files for Xamarin in a six-minute video.
- Application: This is the third section and it is only twenty-one minutes including two lectures on the Andriod Manifest file, and creating applications.
- Intent in Andriod: You will learn to create a toast message, understand the internet in Andriod, and set the layout.
- Circular Progress Bar: In this section, you will learn to create a circular progress bar, and the primary colors suitable for the background.
- Pop-Up Menu and Options Menu: This section includes four lectures namely, understanding and creating a popup menu, creating titles and icons, analyzing on options menu, and finally preparing the application.
- Date picker and time picker: You will learn about different Android widgets, methods for setting the current date, and time picket widget.
- Spinner, alert box, and gallery: In this section, you will have six lectures worth 46 minutes, starting off with understanding the spinner tab, adding the spinner and printing messages, applications with the dialog box, displaying messages in the dialog box, creating a gallery in android, and scaling the image.
- Login App: You will learn about creating multi pages in Android, creating a progress bar, adding style to the buttons, Android bottom padding, and text for the register page, creating a register dialog box, layout inflator object, setting the content view, and finally creating the main activity.
By the end of this course, you will be able to work with Xamarin and gain access to tools used for Xamarin software development.
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identity is a course offered by Udemy and it contains 14.5 hours of course content. This course teaches you how to implement authentication and identity management in your Xamarin applications using ASP.NET Core Identity.
The course covers topics such as configuring authentication middleware in your application, adding authentication to your application using ASP.NET Core Identity, configuring identity services in your application, adding identity to your application using ASP.NET Core Identity, configuring authorization middleware in your application, adding authorization to your application using ASP.NET Core Identity, configuring claims-based authorization in your application, adding claims-based authorization to your application using ASP.NET Core Identity, configuring role-based authorization in your application, adding role-based authorization to your application using ASP.NET Core Identity, and more. The course is created by Ervis Trupja and has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 100+ ratings. The course is divided into 3 sections, 25 lectures, and 3 quizzes. The course is priced at $13.99.
Course content includes;
- Up and Running: A welcoming introduction, the apps we will build, and things you will learn, and the source code.
- XAML Unleashed: This section includes defining the UI, logic, beginning commands, binding to the form, binding collections, table views, and binding from C#.
- Custom Renderers: In this section, you will learn about customer renderer on iOS, dynamic colors for Progressbar, customer renderer on Android, customizing text cells, customizing text cells on Android, and changing selection color in Android cells.
- Dependency Services: This section includes seven lectures, starting with an introduction to dependency services, the interface, registering dependencies, using a dependency, sharing a file in iOS, sharing a file in Android, and finally, creating a TXT file.
- Behavior and effects: You will learn about the behaviors and effects, behaviors for a ListView, and then implement effects, discussing Andriod effects and iOS effects.
- App center: This topic includes fifteen lectures worth 2 and half hours of streaming on-demand recording. This includes an introduction to the app center, new project, GitHub Setup, App center setup, signing android builds, singing iOS builds, tracking errors and crashes, analytics and tracking events, reacting to crashes, publishing android app, publishing iOS app, distributing this to the App store and Play store, and finally pushing new features.
This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in Xamarin development, making you a valuable asset in the field of app development.
The “Get Started with Xamarin” course is a free course offered by Microsoft Learn that provides an overview of Xamarin.Forms and how to create native user interface layouts that can be shared across iOS, Android, and Universal Windows Platform apps 1. The course is designed to help developers get started with Xamarin, build their first app, and learn about the basics of creating mobile applications with Xamarin.Forms 12.
The course is divided into several modules that cover various topics such as installation, building your first app, and performing navigation in a Xamarin.Forms application, storing data in a local SQLite.NET database, styling a cross-platform Xamarin.Forms application, and more 1.
Upon completion of each module, you will earn a badge and some XP toward your next level 2.
Here are some of the modules available in the course:
- Overview: This module provides an introduction to Xamarin.Forms and their benefits.
- What is Xamarin?: This module covers the basics of Xamarin and its supported platforms.
- Installation: In this topic, you will be provided with step-by-step instructions on how to install Xamarin on your machine.
- Build your first app: This module walks you through the process of creating your first mobile application using Xamarin.Forms.
- Perform navigation in a Xamarin.Forms application: This module covers how to perform navigation between pages in a Xamarin.Forms application.
- Store data in a local SQLite.NET database: This module covers how to store data locally using SQLite.NET.
- Style a cross-platform Xamarin.Forms application: This module covers how to style your mobile application using XAML.
By the end of this course, you will be able to fully understand working with Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms.
Xamarin Forms for Android and iOS Native Development is a free online course that teaches you how to build your first entirely native mobile apps for Android and iOS using Xamarin Forms, C#, and XAML. The course includes instructions on how to install Xamarin on macOS and Windows, create a project, add controls, event handlers, toolbars, and more. You will also learn how to test your app on Android and iOS simulators and add packages to the project. The course requires some experience in programming and a Mac computer of some sort for iOS development.
Course modules include;
- Introduction: This module provides an overview of the course and introduces you to the Xamarin Forms framework.
- Getting Started: In this module, you will learn how to set up your development environment and create your first Xamarin Forms app.
- Layouts: This module covers the different types of layouts available in Xamarin Forms and how to use them.
- Views: In this module, you will learn about the different types of views available in Xamarin Forms and how to use them.
- Navigation: This module covers how to navigate between pages in your Xamarin Forms app.
- Data Binding: In this module, you will learn how to bind data to views in your Xamarin Forms app.
- SQLite: This module covers how to use SQLite in your Xamarin Forms app.
By the end of this course, you will receive a certificate if you successfully complete it along side all quizzes and assignments.
Learn MVVM in Xamarin Forms and C# is a course offered on Udemy that teaches you how to build a Xamarin Forms application using traditional MVVM and MVVM Prism. This course was created by Asfend Yar Hamic, who is an MVP (Microsoft Most Valuable Professional) and is the First Xamarin University Most Valuable Professional at Udemy.
The course is designed to help you learn the complete fundamentals of MVVM and MVVM Prism, create a quotes application with MVVM Prism, resolve dependencies via Unity IOC container, and take your C# and Xamarin skills to a professional level. The course content includes 12 sections, 32 lectures, and 2 hours and 3 minutes of total length.
Course modules include;
- Introduction: This section provides an overview of the course structure and what you will learn.
- Course Structure: This section explains the course structure in detail and provides a preview of the final application.
- Tooling and Prerequisites: This section covers the tools and prerequisites required for the course.
- MVVM Architecture: This section explains how MVVM works.
- MVVM Fundamentals: This section covers the fundamentals of MVVM, including data binding, commanding, INotifyPropertyChanged, and navigation.
- Create Application without MVVM: This section explains how to create an application without using MVVM.
- Create Application with MVVM: This section covers how to create models, views, and view models using MVVM.
- Unity, Dependency Injection & Inversion of Control: This section covers dependency injection and inversion of control using Unity.
- MVVM Prism: This section explains what Prism is, why you should use it, and how to install it.
- Understand Commanding in Prism: This section covers commanding in Prism.
- Understand Navigation in Prism: This section covers navigation in Prism.
- Upgrade an Existing App According to Prism: This section explains how to upgrade an existing app according to Prism.
The course content includes both theoretical and practical exercises, and these are provided with the aim of helping you gain a deeper understanding of Xamarin and learn how to use it in software development projects effectively.
Here is a comparison table for the Xamarin courses and certifications mentioned in this article:
|Course/ program||Cost||Level||Duration||Study mode|
|Xamarin: Creative Native Cross-Platform Apps with C# Code||$14.99||Intermediate / Advanced||4 hours||Online|
|The Advanced Xamarin Developer Masterclass||$13.99||Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced||14.5 hours||Online|
|Get Started with Xamarin by Microsoft Learn||Free||Beginner||100 mins||Online|
|Xamarin Forms for Android and iOS Native Development||Free||Intermediate||2 hours and 40 mins||Online|
|Learn MVVM in Xamarin Forms and C#||$14.99||Intermediate||2 hours and 3 mins||Online|
As indicated in the table above, there are variations in the duration, cost, and skill level requirements for each of the Xamarin courses. Certain courses are priced higher than others, and some are specifically tailored for candidates with intermediate to advanced expertise, assuming they possess relevant prior knowledge. When selecting the right Xamarin courses, it is essential to thoughtfully evaluate your own skill level, budget limitations, and objectives.
Xamarin developers looking to enhance their skill set and stay up-to-date with the latest practices in this development platform can benefit significantly from pursuing the courses mentioned above in this article. Whether you are a novice or at an intermediate level in Xamarin development, engaging in these programs in 2023 can undoubtedly help you boost your development skills.
Table of Contents