jQuery Courses and Certifications to Master Your Skills in 2023
jQuery has firmly established itself as a leading library well-suited for a diverse array of applications, experiencing widespread acceptance across businesses of various scales. jQuery equips developers with the resources to construct efficient applications, resulting in a growing need for jQuery developers.
Table of Contents
For those eager to improve their jQuery programming expertise or embark on a career in jQuery development, exploring certification programs or enrolling in pertinent courses can offer significant benefits. This article will delve into some of the top jQuery certification choices and jQuery courses accessible in 2023.
The course is taught by Charles Russell Severance, a Clinical Professor at the School of Information at the University of Michigan. He is also the author of several books on web development, such as Python for Everybody and PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites.
This jQuery course consists of four modules, each with video lectures, readings, quizzes, and assignments. The modules are:
- jQuery Events and JSON: You will learn how to use jQuery to handle user events, such as clicks, mouse movements, and keyboard inputs, and how to use JSON to exchange data between the client and the server.
If you want to earn a certificate of completion, you will need to pay $49 and complete all the graded assignments. The certificate can be shared on your LinkedIn profile, resume, or CV, and can help you showcase your skills and knowledge to potential employers or clients.
The course consists of 51 lectures and 6 hours of video content.
The course modules are;
- Effects and Animations: You will learn how to use jQuery to create stunning effects and animations on web elements, such as fading, sliding, moving, and custom animations. You will also learn how to delay and chain animations, and how to use callback functions to time animations.
- Element Selectors and DOM Manipulation: You will learn how to use jQuery to select and manipulate the HTML elements of a web page, such as inserting, replacing, removing, changing, and cloning elements. You will also learn how to use jQuery methods and properties to access and modify the data and CSS of elements.
- Event Handling and User Interaction: You will learn how to use jQuery to handle user events, such as clicks, mouse movements, keyboard inputs, form submissions, and window resizing. You will also learn how to use jQuery to create interactive and responsive web pages, such as toggling menus, tabs, accordions, and tooltips.
- AJAX and JSON: You will learn how to use jQuery to perform AJAX calls, which allow you to communicate with web servers and load dynamic content to your web page without reloading. You will also learn how to use JSON, a data format that is commonly used to exchange data between the client and the server.
- Building a Multi-Screen Application Using jQuery: You will learn how to use jQuery to create a multi-screen web application that uses AJAX to communicate with a PHP server and a MySQL database. You will also learn how to use jQuery UI widgets to enhance the user interface of your application, such as date pickers, dialogs, and progress bars.
- Bonus Section: You will learn some additional topics and tips on jQuery, such as using jQuery with APIs, such as Flickr and TheMovieDB, to add content to your web pages dynamically. You will also learn how to use jQuery plugins, such as Owl Carousel and Magnific Popup, to add more functionality and features to your web pages.
- Course Summary: You will review the main topics and concepts that you learned in the course, and get some advice on how to continue your learning journey with jQuery. You will also get a certificate of completion for the course.
- Conclusion: You will get some special offers and discounts on other courses and resources from the instructor and Udemy.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to create dynamic web applications with jQuery, whether you are a beginner or an intermediate web developer.
jQuery and AJAX for Beginners – The Definitive Guide by Udemy. This is a free course that teaches you how to use jQuery and AJAX to create dynamic and interactive web applications. You will learn the fundamentals of the jQuery library, how to work with the DOM, use events, effects and animations, AJAX, JSON, and create interactive AJAX forms. The course is taught by Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA and web application developer.
The course modules are;
- Selection: You will learn how this topic teaches the art of selecting HTML elements using jQuery for targeted manipulation.
- DOM Traversing: This topic teaches how to navigate and traverse the Document Object Model (DOM) efficiently with jQuery.
- Working with Events: You will learn how to manage and respond to events effectively, enhancing interactivity using jQuery.
- DOM Manipulation: This topic teaches advanced techniques for manipulating the DOM, dynamically changing content and structure with jQuery.
- Animations and Effects: You will learn how to create engaging animations and effects, adding a dynamic element to your web pages using jQuery.
- Forms: You will learn how to enhance form interactions, validate inputs, and handle form submissions effectively using jQuery.
- Summary: A concise summary of key concepts covered, reinforcing the foundational knowledge gained in this jQuery introduction.
By the end of this course, you will have a basic understanding of what jQuery is, and learn AJAX programming.
This course has 2 sections with a total of 81 lectures. The course modules are;
- jQuery Development: This is the second module topic, and it has 40 lectures. In this section, you will learn what jQuery is, embedding jQuery, jQuery Syntax and selector, ID selector, jQuery toggle, fade in-out, jQuery animate, callback functions, draggable, accordion menu, etc.
This course only requires basic computer skills and by the end of this course, you will have a clear understanding of what jQuery is, data types, objects, jQuery events, etc.
Learn AJAX with jQuery by Udemy is a free course that teaches you how to use AJAX with jQuery to create dynamic and interactive web applications. You will learn how to make HTTP requests (GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE) with AJAX, how to work with JSON data, how to submit form data to a MySQL database, and how to create a simple app with jQuery and AJAX. The course is taught by Ian Schoonover, a professional web developer and online instructor.
This course has four sections,
- Introduction: This is the introduction session, and this includes a setup and project overview and teaches you about what you will need to get started on learning jQuery and AJAX.
- AJAX Basics: In this section, you will learn about making a GET request with AJAX, POST request with AJAX, and making PUT and DELETE requests with AJAX.
- Building a Single-Page Application: This section has 13 lectures and involves a to-do list, and a to-do item, each with its own code and resources.
- Bonus Content: This is the final module, and it covers topics such as transpile template literal syntax with Babel, using Gulp, search functionality, microservice refactoring, and a bonus lecture.
This is a free course, however, if you wish to obtain a certificate of completion, you have to register for the platform.
Here we have added a comparison table of the jQuery courses mentioned throughout this article.
|Course/ program||Cost||Level||Duration||Study mode|
|The Complete jQuery Course: From Beginner To Advanced||$64.99||Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced||6 hours||Online|
|jQuery and AJAX for Beginners - The Definitive Guide||Free||Beginner||2 hours and 37 minutes||Online|
|Learn AJAX with JQuery||Free||Beginner||1 hour and 48 minutes||Online|
The provided chart delineates variances among jQuery courses in terms of duration, costs, and skill prerequisites. The course pricing is contingent on factors such as the learning platform, study format, and duration. When selecting a jQuery course, it is vital to assess your proficiency, financial considerations, and career objectives. This approach aids in pinpointing the most suitable jQuery course tailored to your specific needs.
In conclusion, enrolling in a jQuery course in 2023 presents a valuable opportunity for career advancement. With proper training, you can elevate your skills as a jQuery developer and participate in exciting projects. Whether you are a novice or an experienced coder, a myriad of courses and certification programs exist to enhance your proficiency in jQuery development.
Table of Contents